by Emily Tucker, STEM Specialist
Charlotte Prep’s 5th Annual STEM Egg Drop Challenge was a huge success! This was our largest Egg Drop to date with nearly 80 entries, as well as many student volunteers, staff, and family members in attendance during the evening of September 27.
Students tested their contraptions on the four challenge levels: the Over Easy (picnic table), the Sunny Side Up (6-ft. ladder), the French Omelette (Mezzanine window), and the Ultimate Scrambler (Middle School balcony).
As each student successfully navigated a challenge level, they received a sticker. After completing all challenges, participants received a certificate and their choice of either a Silly Putty egg or hatchable dinosaur egg.
The following special contest winners will receive a certificate and a free student pass for admission to Discovery Place:
- The Chicken Little Award (Smallest Successful Contraption): Landon with Spongy
- The Funky Chicken Award (Most Complex Successful Contraption): Yazdaan and Pari with The Laser Beamer
- The Faberge Egg Award (Most Beautifully Decorated Successful Contraption): Ella
- The One Good Egg Award (Most Creative Successful Contraption Using Only One Type of Material): Zachary and Kennedy with The Great Inflatable
- The Prep Pride Award (Most Successful Contraption with the Best Prep Spirit): Penelope
Many thanks to the teachers, staff, and student volunteers who worked before, during, and after the event, and the parents who assisted and encouraged their children in coming up with such innovative and creative designs. Our appreciation goes out to our community sponsors, Harris Teeter in Cotswold Village and Discovery Place, for their generous support. We look forward to seeing more new and exciting contraptions next year!